lynda.com certifications—now available on your LinkedIn profile

Published by | Thursday, November 14th, 2013

lynda.com certificates on LinkedIn

This week we’re pleased to announce a new way to integrate your lynda.com course completion certificates with your LinkedIn profile—and share with any prospective recruiters and hiring managers the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired here at lynda.com.

If you’re a member of both lynda.com and LinkedIn, when you complete a course on lynda.com, you’ll receive an email with a link that lets you quickly and easily post your new certificate of completion to your LinkedIn profile—adding depth and breadth to your online resume. It’s now easier than ever to share your accomplishments in the job market, and showcase your skills and knowledge.

For best results, ensure the email address you’ve signed up with at lynda.com is also added to your LinkedIn profile, so that your two accounts sync. To do this, simply click your profile image in the top right of any LinkedIn page, and select the Privacy & Settings option. From there, you’ll have the option to add email addresses to your profile; if your lynda.com account email address isn’t included there, click the Change/Add link next to your Primary Email address and update it.

For more information, you can also read the LinkedIn blog post describing the program in more detail. We hope you enjoy this new way to share your accomplishments!

Share this:Share on Facebook63Tweet about this on Twitter13Share on Google+2Pin on Pinterest0Share on LinkedIn128

Tags: , , , , ,

14 Responses to “lynda.com certifications—now available on your LinkedIn profile”

1. Iñaki says:

Will this be available just for the courses we complete from now on? Or can we add the old certificates to our profiles in LinkedIn?

• Hi, Iñaki-
      All lynda.com members wishing to add their courses to LinkedIn can do so manually by signing into their LinkedIn profile, selecting “edit profile”, then “add certifications”, and then following the step by step wizard. For new courses you complete going forward, you’ll get an email letting you sync your new certification to LinkedIn more automatically, of course. Hope this helps!

2. msaina says:

Great idea! Kudos.

3. Hussain AlMarkhi says:

It will be Such Amazing if you add this to google+ ,, Good step forward ,

Regards

4. Chris Wells says:

It’s important to note that you must have the same email address on your lynda.com profile as the one on your LinkedIn.com profile or the transfer won’t work.

5. Fan Li says:

While I have enjoyed learning from Lynda.com for several years, I am reluctant to put their certificates onto my LinkedIn profile. Because the certificates are too easy to get – all I need is to just click through all the videos. On the other hand, I have put my certificates from Coursera.org – I had to work on homework, exams and projects to pass the course which makes me feel those certificates are more meaningful.

6. Mhadz says:

I just want to ask if its possible to get certificate I finish Dreamweaver CS4 Essential training & I would really love to have a certificate. I’m sure you can see that I pay for the course. And now I’m still in web design it’s good to add to CV that I actually have certificate.

Thanks in advance.

• For your LinkedIn CV, absolutely. Simply follow the steps in either the post, or my comment above, to get certificates for any courses you are taking or have taken in the past posted to your LinkedIn profile/CV/etc.

7. Abhilash says:

Go to this url: http://www.lynda.com/home/CertificateOfCompletion/CertificationStatus.aspx, and click on ‘share’ beside the certificate for your already completed courses. Then, click on ‘in Add to profile’.

8. Samir says:

Hi, would the certifications remain if I were to discontinue my account?

• Hi, Samir- they should, we generally don’t delete lynda.com membership accounts when you discontinue paid membership (in case you decide to rejoin later, as many do).