If you take a look at our list of Maya courses, you’ll see six new Maya Essentials titles designed to introduce the basics of Maya in simple installments. Together, these six courses provide a more flexible approach to learning Maya.
In the series, I cover the nuts and bolts of Maya, from the interface, modeling, and materials, to rendering and animation. This modular series is divided into six courses, each no more than an hour or two long. Start at the first course and work your way to the end, or watch one course that interests you. The Maya Essentials courses are available to watch in any order at any time, so it’s your choice.
We’re also exploring the Essentials format for other large software packages, so let us know what you think of this new format. Your feedback is always appreciated.
All six Maya Essentials courses:
• Maya Essentials 1: Interface and Organization
• Maya Essentials 2: Polygonal Modeling Techniques
• Maya Essentials 3: NURBS Modeling Techniques
• Maya Essentials 4: Creating Textures and Materials
• Maya Essentials 5: Animation Tools
• Maya Essentials 6: Lights and Rendering