The next installment of the Live with Lynda webinar series takes place today at noon, PDT. Presented in collaboration with the New Media Consortium, this edition will feature lynda.com co-founder Lynda Weinman interviewing journalism teacher Esther Wojcicki. Wojcicki, along with several of her students, will be discussing her innovative methods for teaching journalism at Palo Alto High School.
Topics to be covered include (from the nmc.org web site):
- Motivation to teach
- Her unique program at Palo Alto High School
- The value of project-based teaching
- Relinquishment of power and control by teachers
- Creating a relationship of trust with students
- The difficulties of teaching in a bureaucratic system – overcoming the odds
For more info on Wojcikci (who apparently goes by ‘the WOJ’) and the webinar, check out the Connect@NMC/Live with Lynda page.
Live with Lynda webinar
The Adaptive Classroom: A Conversation with Esther Wojcicki
Thursday, May 26 2011
12:00 pm PDT
Access the webinar in the NMC Connect Adobe Seminar Room