Pitching Projects and Products to Executives: How do you sell yourself?

Published by | Tuesday, November 30th, 2010

In a couple of weeks, lynda.com will be releasing a new and very different course called Pitching Projects and Products to Executives in our business segment. It’s different in that it offers a new type of content to lynda.com members—the focus is not on tools, but on business skills. It’s also different in its innovative teaching approach and unique visual style.

For Pitching Projects and Products to Executives, designer, entrepreneur, and lynda.com author Dane Howard interviewed executives and product managers from renowned design firms and corporations like Google, Apple, and Adobe to get their insider take on how to effectively move projects and product ideas forward. Emmy-winning video and multimedia producer Richard Koci Hernandez wove the interviews together into a captivating visual narrative.

Over the next two weeks, we’re releasing some previews here on the blog to give you a sense for the course to come. In today’s clip, Tim Barber, founder and creative director of the digital agency Odopod, answers the question “How do you sell yourself?” Let us know what you think!

Share this:Share on Facebook68Tweet about this on Twitter11Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Share on LinkedIn0

Tags: , , , ,

9 Responses to “Pitching Projects and Products to Executives: How do you sell yourself?”

1. john deckard says:

can’t wait, info looks invaluable. thanks again lynda.com!

2. Keith says:

I am so excited about this and I can’t wait to see what other titles you’ll have on offer! I’d love to see some on starting and running a design business, or maybe a design class about design itself, not the tools often used?

Brilliant! I’ve already showed this to a friend! I’ll certainly be promoting lynda.com even more strongly now!

3. Excellent, many thanks for this. Looking forward to insights into how pitches are made and taking projects forward.

4. Really like this idea, courses on business as well as business programs. I know my company will make use of any new courses like this. Thanks!

5. Dan Ross says:

I am so excited about this kind of instruction, advise and guidance. Usually, I pick this sort of info up on the day I need it. It would be so nice to have this knowledge before hand. Thank you lynda.com.

6. dane howard says:

I learned so much *making* this title from my mentors & collaborators that I’ve grown to respect and learn from time and time again. Please enjoy this work and let us know what else you’d like to see in this category in the future!

7. Jeff Eames says:

This is such a critical topic for us creative individuals. I know scores of people that are wildly talented that unless presented with a course like this, will never surface commercially. I have been working in a fortune 500 company for several years now and can tell you success is based on communication on a corporate level.

You all at lynda.com have given us such a large skill set. Now you are teaching us how to put it to use. One word. Invaluable. Thanks.

8. Kinsey Fore says:

I just read IdeaSelling by Harrison and loved it. I then started a book club to promote the book and am hoping to get all our in-house designers to read it. We have never focused on the “sell” before but it has already been helpful in our pitches. This lynda.com series sounds like another great resource to teach our department how to sell our designs, new products, etc. to decision makers at all levels. I am looking forward to watching them and recommending them to my colleagues. Thanks.

9. Nona Mills says: