lynda.com iPhone App version 1.0.2 now available

Published by | Wednesday, March 31st, 2010
course details screen

lynda.com Course Details screen.

The latest version of the free lynda.com iPhone App, version 1.0.2, is now available for download. It has iPad support, full screen scrolling on course detail screens, and improves general app stabilization.

If you have a previous version of the lynda.com iPhone App installed, open the App Store app on your iPhone or iPod touch, and click on the Updates icon. It should be listed as an available update in the App Store.

If you haven’t installed the lynda.com iPhone App yet, head over to our lynda.com iPhone App page and click on the Download from the App Store button. It will take you directly to the lynda.com iPhone App page on iTunes.

Share this:Share on Facebook2Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Share on LinkedIn0

Tags: ,

13 Responses to “lynda.com iPhone App version 1.0.2 now available”

1. mike says:

Sigh – Still working on the Android app then? :-) I’m guessing eclair (2.0/1) plus enough grunt for Flash, so you won’t be able to please everyone?

2. tarek says:

Do the videos appear on good resolution and full screen on the ipad?

3. Matt says:

Love the iPhone app. I’m with mike that I’d like to see an android app, too! You know us geeks, any way we can consume content :)

One big request for the iPhone/iPad app – 2x speed option for the videos. I love your training videos, but I find some of them a little slow. When watching on my computer, I can use QuickTime to up the speed to 2-2.5x and it allows me to watch much more and more easily stay focused (blame the ADHD). I think that if this option were there, it would be used more than you realize! Keep up the marvelous work.

4. ron says:

Ok, so it runs on the iPad, but I can’t figure out how to make it run full screen. It’s the same size as an iPhone app — wasting most of the iPad screen space. Is there something I’m missing?

5. Ron says:

So, fearless moderator, what about that full screen question?

Is the lynda.com ipad app capable of running full screen? I was ready to drop the cash for both an for an annual subscription to lynda.com and an iPad until now.

6. Hi Ron,

I checked with our technical support team to make sure I got your answer right. Here’s the trick you were asking about:

1. Find the 2X button at the bottom right of any screen on the app.
    2. Tap the button.
    3. Tap again to return to the smaller size if you desire.

Another option is to run lynda.com through Safari on the iPad if you’d prefer how it looks and works.

We know this is a workaround, so bear with us as we continue to work on updates and new versions!

7. lynda.com runs best on the iPad from Safari – not from the iPhone app. We do not have a dedicated iPad app yet, but meanwhile the site works most excellently from the browser!

8. SCP says:

For what it’s worth, the video appears to be sharper resolution when running through the iPhone app on my iPad, than when I launch it via Safari on my iPad (I’ve checked my Course Preferences and I do have “iPad high resolution” checked).

Regardless, definitely looking forward to an iPad specific version once it is available. Keep up the great work!

9. Chris says:

Even though I would love a native iPad app more — i must say the videos still play at spectacular quality in the iPhone app on iPad.

10. Tim says:

Yes, love to get an iPad app that uses all the screen. And love to be able to download a few lessons for viewing while on the plane. Please keep updating this app – in return I’ll renew my subscription :-)

11. I noticed if you set the iPhone app video settings to high quality then videos are sharp and clear on the iPad.

I too am a big fan of the 1.5-2x video speed options online and had not considered using Safari over the iPhone app but now will.

12. Eanass Fahmy says:

Is an Android 2.x app in progress? I love lynda.com and I view the tutorials on my Evo when I’m away from my laptop. The interface is awkward but the videos run well. I value on the content on your site and would really appreciate better mobile access. Hope to hear some good news soon. Thanks!

13. Cory says:

I’ve to have tried both airplay over iPad app and airplay via iPad Safari in an effort to get the 2x double speed playback onto my television so I can follow along on my computer doing the tutorial. No luck.

Is there a way to get the 2x playback speed on the iPad and ultimately sent via Airplay to my Apple TV?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I hope we graduate to a 2.5x speed option in the future!!

Thanks,