What are we missing in our various CMS courses?

Published by | Thursday, May 7th, 2009

My last post about Joomla! triggered some buzz in the twittersphere and prompted more discussion. Jen Kramer wrote to me that Maria Langer (lynda.com WordPress 2.7 Essential Training author) contacted her:

Maria Langer contacted me by Twitter and said she’d love it if you asked the same question about a WordPress course. Now I’m wondering if we couldn’t make this a more generic series of movies, suitable for Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla. They all have the same starting place for their customized templates/themes — a static HTML web page.

Tom Geller (lynda.com Drupal Essential Training author) has been coordinating a CMS Overview course that would explain the strengths and weaknesses of the different systems and help newcomers navigate which choice to make.

So, open question to you all – what are we missing in our various CMS courses?

Share this:Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Share on LinkedIn0

Tags: , , , , , ,

170 Responses to “What are we missing in our various CMS courses?”

1. Tom Geller says:

First of all, thanks for starting the discussion here! I think a “unified” course of this kind is an excellent idea, and I’m sure it’ll be a big help to a lot of people.

I’d propose that such a course have substantial material about managing servers, particularly:

1) The Unix command line interface; and
    2) MySQL databases.

In Drupal, for example, you almost always have to manually change the “settings.php” file when moving a site from a local installation to the server. It’s a dense text file, and I imagine many non-sysadmins have been tripped up on this step. Likewise, MySQL is a real bear to understand — even if you’re using the Web-based UI, phpMyAdmin.

I can’t wait to see what others have to say! Thanks again for getting it going.

2. Julie says:

Expression Engine! Among the web designers I know, it has developed a reputation for being designer-friendly and flexible (and they’re gearing up for their 2.0 release, so some training to go along with it would be FAB).

3. Chukk says:

i have no idea what i will be doing post launch of my Joomla site. i am not web developer and i can not afford to keep one on staff. just some stuff on keeping up an effective CMS based site. also how to integrate it into other sites. i am very excited for the CMS overview!

4. Gabriel says:

A more advanced Drupal course would be perfect. Lynda has a number of courses for WordPress and Joomla, but is lacking on the technical side of Drupal.

I would love to have a technical course on creating custom themes for Drupal.

5. Sophie says:

I second Tom’s request for Unix (&Linux) and Julie’s for ExpressionEngine.

Re EE, There’s plenty of beginner to intermediate stuff available from Mike Boyink (train-ee.com), and Ryan Irelan on Pragmatic’s site (pragprog.com) but it’d be nice to have some advanced-to-arcane material from the likes of Simon Collison and / or the Jambor-ee gang. Hire them please!

6. Lynda says:

Great suggestions! We appreciate your input, and it’s great to have this new forum to hear what is needed/wanted. Thanks especially for recommending instructors. We search high and low, so specific recommendations help a lot!

7. Aryan says:

Gabriel is right. I am looking for advanced courses – like Framework and Extension development. Drupal course is very-very basic.

I’d like to request lynda.com to produce a course on Joomla Extension Development.

8. Tom Geller says:

A quick side note: This discussion syncronistically started on my own blog. I referred it back here.

9. Segun says:

Hello lynda.com,

We need project-based courses for your programming titles for Ruby on Rails and MySQL or SQLite. For example, a Ruby on Rails course for Building a social networking site OR an ecommerce site. You know projects that we can learn and then go make money almost immediately.

Thanks and we look forward to useful projects-based training of the kind I have described. I am sure others would agree with me.

10. I’m not sure this is the place to post this desire, but I’d love to see a course on how to create a premium wordpress theme using photoshop. If it’s on here, forgive me. I’m new to lynda.com.
    Thanks!

11. Kevin says:

I think your missing the Typo3 CMS, I’ve used it for many years, and I know that there is a big community backing it up.
    I would also like to see more shopping cart and e-commerce stuff, like Magento shopping cart integration.

12. Daniel says:

Hey Lynda,

I’d have to disagree with some of the posters above, with regards to a ‘Unified CMS course’. The advantages of a one-size-fits-all are short lived, beyond a title like say… “Introduction to Content Management Systems” as each CMS is distinct. From personal experience I’d say WordPress is probably an excellent starter-upper candidate for a CMS title series. It’s essentially blog-based, simple and conveys the general CMS point quite well.

Subsequent titles can certainly expand on the various CMS platforms available as well as feature-specific titles (eg. WordPress Plugins ET, WordPress Advanced CMS, etc.

By the way..

I think Maria Langer’s terrific!

That’s it for my $0.02

13. Gabe says:

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the distinction between self-hosted WordPress and WordPress.com. They are vastly different in their capabilities, and self-hosted WordPress is light years beyond wordpress.com in terms of being a CMS and also in terms of customization possibilities.

Worpress.com is really nice for a hosted blog platform, but it’s like riding a bike with training wheels and never leaving the street you live on.

A self-hosted WordPress series is badly needed, IMO.

14. Chris says:

ExpressionEngine is sorely needed!

I would agree that the general CMS course is not a great idea, but “using WordPress as a CMS” might be.

15. Lynda says:

We do actually have a self-hosted WordPress course already: http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=749

16. warren says:

ExpressionEngine! I second, or possibly third, that! There are a few good resources out there for it (particularly Ryan Irelan) but I think EE deserves the lynda.com treatment.

17. Nate Silva says:

I also would like to underscore what was mentioned by Gabriel. DRUPAL THEME CREATION.

Jen McKibben did it for Joomla, I would really love to see the same done for Drupal. It’d be great to have a clone around of Jen that’s Drupal-oriented. Drupal at lynda.com comes to a grinding halt when it comes to the development of your own, custom themes.

Tom Geller’s course is EXCELLENT, and really got me revved up and anxious to start publishing sites with Drupal. But I am first and foremost a graphic designer. I NEED to have the ability to bring a fully customized design concept into CMS sites that I develop for clients. This was the deciding factor in my choosing Joomla as the CMS solution for my clients–and sadly, I know full well that Drupal would have been a MUCH better fit for some of those projects.

I always go to lynda.com first for things I’m looking to learn, and normally, lynda delivers all I need and more. Drupal falls short, and it will remain that way until it covers theme creation in the manner that Jen McKibben does for Joomla.

18. Giles Pierce says:

Personally, I think that an overall CMS course would be limiting. I would like a course in developing Drupal templates, as information anywhere online is very scarce. I chose lynda.com for Joomla because I think that the training here is superior, however training for Drupal (custom templates) doesn’t seem to exist anywhere.

There are many CMS to choose from. Perhaps a simple course put together with the relevant instructors giving an overview of each CMS, and what it should be used for. Give us a choice, tell us about them, and then the relevant training is available.

One more note, I’d be worried about the approach of training for people that know no traditional website building skills, such as HTML or CSS. While this course will be good for many, don’t let it replace courses that assume or require certain skills. I don’t want to sit through training for subjects I already know just to learn about Joomla/Drupal etc.

19. John says:

ExpressionEngine courses…. please!

20. I would like to see a course about tying in other programs to CMS’s … how to get content out of InDesign and into Drupal, for example; or out of Photoshop or Flickr and into WordPress or Joomla; etc. Or how about tying in content from hosted services to CMS’s? (Google apps, Photoshop.com, Acrobat.com/Buzzword, MS Office online, and so on)

21. karen says:

WordPress & Drupal theme development – from Photoshop to getting it online.

That’s one topic lynda.com comes up empty on. I have to search & pull together lists of video tutorials all over the web. I wish you’d do a comprehensive on that.

22. karen says:

Also – the next step beyond what i see in your cms courses that is missing is creating custom templates – and/ or a catalog /gallery/portfolio. That’s what so many of us who are working with cms’s need to do. Again, Drupal & WordPress!

23. Karen says:

CUSTOM FIELDS IN WORDPRESS!

24. Farooque says:

lynda.com is the one who taught me and made me a web designer and now I have a job … I really wish I could have a tutorial of Magento.

25. mikal says:

ExpressionEngine would be fantastic.

26. Scott says:

I’d like to throw in another vote for ExpressionEngine, it’s a wildly popular CMS with some great backing out there. Dan Benjamin and Ryan Irelan run the ExpressionEngine podcast and would be great instructors. Ryan has some great videos with the Pragmatic Programmer, but I’d like to see more advanced topics covered on lynda.com. I know EE is close to a 2.0 release, might be a great time to start a video series covering the new version.

27. Lis sinding says:

I think we are missing the Typo3 CMS. I have heard it’s great!

28. Another vote for Expression Engine. There are other websites that offer training but I think lynda.com would do a better job of it. Go to it!!!

29. Conor Deane says:

I would LOVE TO SEE lynda.com cover Magento as soon as possible – PLEASE!

30. Conor Deane says:

As for Joomla! experts I work with a very good Joomla! man in the UK by the name of Dean Marshall. He does tutorials also. You can look him up under http://www.deanmarshall.co.uk

31. Ryan says:

I have heard so many great things about using WordPress as a CMS. I have gone through Maria Langer’s courses but I haven’t really seen how to pursue turning my WordPress site into a CMS. This would be a very valuable thing to know and I would love a course devoted to that.

Thank you.

32. Miguel says:

Yeah, Typo3, Magento, Ellg tutorials would be great additions to lynda.com.

33. Magento, Magento, MAGENTO!!!! We need to see some Magento tutorials here Lynda, specificly on creating your own template and then integrating it into the Magento engine.

34. Cindi says:

I would love to see an advanced WordPress title about creating a parent/child theme complete with custom fields. I’ve been a member for two years and have I finally outgrown lynda.com? There are titles on PHP and brief mention of some of these topics in the other WordPress titles, but something that builds a theme from beginning to end would make me :-)

Especially one that would use custom fields to feed a simple PayPal button!

35. Jason says:

Magento would be awesome. And since Adobe just purchased Business Catalyst I would be watching that very carefully and begin dialogue with Adobe about having some training on any new releases in the near future.

36. debi says:

it’d be great to have videos on how to integrate flash headers in Joomla, embed videos in Joomla & Magento beginning to advance.

Yeah, I’d definitely pay annual subscription just for that!!!!

37. Linette says:

I would absolutely love to see Expression Engine added.

38. Erwin says:

Magento: creating new themes, developing new module, or perhaps how to integrate it with wordpress or other cms (i heard this is also possible)

39. Melissa says:

Please add Unix/Linux to you course selection.

40. Jason says:

I have to agree with the previous post regarding Magento. There is not much tutorial info online about how to integrate this open source software with a CMS sit. Thanks Lynda.

41. billy says:

I would also love to see magento tutorials.

42. Jeff says:

When will Lynda have Expression Engine Tutorials?

43. Chris says:

Expression Engine!!

44. Josh says:

I would like to join the in with the chorus and also request Expression Engine. It has become one of the most popular CMS implementations and lynda.com seems to be the perfect place for a great tutorial series on it.

45. Raj says:

Woud love to see different levels of training in magento. Ex: Magento users guide, Magento Developers guide ( to customize themes and to develop and extend modules). There is a lot of demand for that and I am wondering why its not being considered.

46. jamie says:

another vote for expression engine.

2.0 beta just released. would be great to get some video training on it!

47. Wilfred says:

Vote to see more about magento, on all levels.

48. Andy M says:

EE please!!!!

49. Pam says:

I would love to see Expression Engine on here, but more than that I desire TYPO3 – soooo much.

50. Brandon says:

Another vote for Expression Engine

51. binal says:

I am using lynda.com for a year and it’s great site.

I learn everything from this site starting from Html, Javascript, css, php, perl, ajax and still learning

But if you guys can provide the tutorials on using paypal and it’s API it will be a great addition to this site.

Thanx

52. Chris says:

Can you please provide training titles for Magento, it is becoming so popular and many hosting companies now offer to host it. I would like to join the others in requesting Magento.

Thanks,

53. Eihab says:

Can you please add Magento, its booming so fast and resources on the net are very limited. I hope the Guys in lynda.com can produce some quality training for Magento.
    Thanks

54. Terry Young says:

I too would be interested in Magento training. It seems that it is becoming popular for ecommerce and there is definitely a lack of available training.

55. Liz says:

Magento – pretty please.
    Online training for Magento seems to be non-existent.

56. Noah says:

I too would like to see Magento online training course.

57. Andrew Koop says:

Magento would be great. I’m also a big fan of CodeIgniter and, while some tutorials exist online, it would be nice to have a full, structured series from lynda.com.

58. Michael Palma says:

I would like to throw my vote in the pot for Magento as well. We are going to start using this for our E-commerce site and I would LOVE to have lynda.com’s excellent training available for it!

59. Julian says:

Yes, please, Magento. Please! Thank you ;)

60. James says:

Paypal and it’s API, working and testing with its sandbox — PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

61. Victoria says:

Yes, I would also love to see Magento training on here.

62. Bert says:

Magento is huge, and training is IMPOSSIBLE to find. lynda.com could save so many people so many man-hours of wasted effort all across the world as large numbers of people attempt to master this very complex and very powerful next-generation E-commerce software. It is now the number one software for new e-commerce applications, and lynda.com would be the perfect choice.

63. Neil says:

Magento!

64. Eihab says:

I am glad to see that so many people are going for Magento, I think lynda.com should put some feedback here so we know what their plans are.

Thanks,

65. Angela says:

I’m also interested in Magento training!!!!!!!!! :)

66. Simon Dyson says:

Magento Please :)

67. ric says:

Magento please. surprised lynda.com hasn’t made any training videos on it yet.

68. Ben says:

Magento! Video tutorials. Pronto!

69. Michael says:

I am not a current lynda.com subscriber, but would be in a heartbeat if Magento training were offered.

70. T says:

Please Magento.

71. Zach says:

Magento please please please

72. Jesper says:

Magento, yes please! But Drupal Ubercart would be great too

73. Rask says:

I agree with Michael, I too would subscribe to lynda.com in a heartbeat, if Magento training was offered.

74. Amanda Wu says:

Yes, magento please))))

75. Plasmaflux says:

A million Magentos, please. I, too, am not currently a lynda.com subscriber; but would become one in an instant if there were a series of lessons geared towards intermediate and advanced Magento development, debugging, programming, and theming.

Just look at how many folks have decided to come here to voice their opinion on this. If you do some research, you’ll find the open-source (non-enterprise) segment of the Magento community is STARVING for information!

76. Steve says:

Magento, Magento, Magento!

77. moahmed Ali says:

MAGENTO .. Im a former subscriber and i will renew my subscription again. I do hope that more people will ask for MAGENTO from lynda.com and i have faith in lynda.com to offer magento after it see the demand.

78. We’re listening! Thank you all for your feedback and requests for Magento software tutorials. We just wanted to let you know that we are actively looking for a qualified Magento instructor.

And speaking of that, if you happen to know someone who would like to be considered as an instructor, please send along this link to the lynda.com ‘call for instructors’ page: http://www.lynda.com/aboutus/callfortrainers.aspx

79. Eihab says:

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the reply, I think its a good start if you guys approach Magento books authors. There are few titles out there; I think authors are good potential tutors.

thanks,

80. bree says:

Please include ExpressionEngine development and some CodeIgniter tutorials!
    Thanks for asking!

81. Tom yates says:

Another vote for magento here ! , its impossible to find video tutorials for this

82. Paul says:

Magento is definitely a must have course. Please

83. I’d love to see an intermediate and advance course on Photo Shop Pro X2. I’d also like to see a tutorial on Paypal. There has to be a way to integrate it into a website/blog without added expenses/carts.

84. ric says:

Hi lynda.com. If you are looking for Magento instructors… A web developement company called Cimex http://www.cimex.com/ (London UK) are very good with magento and may be able to help.

85. Michael E says:

I’ve been checking back for months hoping that Magento would be a newly added course. Please consider this addition. It already seems to be in popular demand and I don’t understand why it hasn’t been covered.

86. Sarah says:

As others said Magento Magento Magento!!! I am waiting to renew my membership to lynda.com until some new e-commerce training is uploaded. Would REALLY REALLY love to learn magento or even some of the other ones; zen cart, osCommerce, VirtueMart etc.

I also second the suggestion for paypal tutorials.

In this economy we need to focus on the moneymakers!!

Thanks so much for listening :)

87. Denis says:

Codeigniter Please!!!!

88. Lori says:

+1 for CodeIgniter and more Drupal :)

89. Lee Wilson says:

My vote is for Magento too, I’m not a subscriber, but I definitely would be if you had Magento.

I have been using Magento for a while, its a great E-Commerce system. What would be great is two courses, one aimed at site administrator and one aimed at frontend developers.

90. stephan Soderberg says:

Im a former subscriber and I definitely agree with Lee here!

91. Amy says:

Zen Cart, please!

92. Ahmed says:

CodeIgniter will be great an develop for lynda.com to use the more popular php framework
    may be Zend will be good but I like to get CodeIgniter

93. Kenneth Acha says:

PayPal and it’s API Please!!!!

94. Harsha M V says:

Magento please !!!

95. park says:

Magento!

96. Peter says:

Magento definitely!

97. Kostas says:

Hi to all lynda.com team,
    I couldn’t find a blog page, for “what else subject or software is missing” from your tutorials, so I decided to post my request here, hoping that someone will read it.

I would like you to consider including tutorials about “developing websites with the zend framework” which I believe is the next step of the great “PHP beyond the basics” tutorial you already have! Please give us the knowledge of creating custom websites and cms more faster and secure without having to spend the rest of our lives strugling our way to create robust web applications.

I am sure every web programmer will be very excited if you develop such tutorial down the road.

Thank you for the hard work you have been doing so far.

98. anointed99 says:

I have been following a number of your resource material and I believe that CodeIgniter would make an excellent addition to your product offerings.

99. kofi says:

magento! please please with cherry on top :)))

100. Magento should be a must have tutorial! Your high valuable WordPress and Joomla courses will be perfectly complemented with this topic.

101. unfomas says:

Please Please Please Magento

102. Kausik Dutta says:

Magento and Oscommerce please. Also upgrade wordpress tutorial now 3.0 is available and you are into 2.7 which is more than 1 year old now.

103. JuedM says:

Personally I’d like to see easy word press Documentation regarding creating custom themes, as there is a Growing market for these . . . and the current training out there is lacking in some of the basics regarding getting involved in this field.

I know there has got to be a easier way than had been sold through 2 vendors whom I purchased books through.

104. dave says:

what are you waiting for magento?

$25 Billion
    in transactions
    60,000+
    merchants
    2,000+
    extensions
    2+ Million
    downloads

105. Joshua says:

I’ll reactivate my subscription once you release a tutorial for Magento. What’s taking so long anyways?

106. ouss says:

Obvious choice: Magento.

107. Julian says:

Magento Please! asap.

108. Erwin Yonathan says:

Magento please!

109. Steven Vu says:

I’m a subscriber and would definitely add a vote for magento…

110. I realize this post is a little old, but I’m putting a +1 for Magento. I would love to see a detailed tutorial on creating modules (ie, payment redirect module which helps developers make their sites PCI compliant)!

111. Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your input. Thank you all who have asked for Magento. It turned out to be a challenge to find the right author for this topic. As always, we intend to bring you the best possible training.

112. Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any means you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

113. Calvin says:

Hi Cynthia,

I take it from your post that a Magento tutorial is planned? That would be absolutely amazing–lynda.com has excellent, excellent tutorials and Magento is notorious for its terrible (and often outdated) documentation. Please come out with it asap!

114. dean says:

Hi, Yes please! Magento tutorials would be amazing!

115. Brad says:

MAGENTO – PLEASE

116. mtt says:

magento.
    magento.
    magento.

117. Mario says:

Magento

118. Tyrone Rubin says:

Hiya I saw a tweet from lynda.com that said there is a Magento Video in the works. Could we please get an ETA, thanks.

119. Ludovic says:

A magento Essential training and on building theme for magento would be so great. I’m waiting for it for a long time.

120. Fahimshekaib says:

Magento and osCommerce please!

121. Emaar Khan says:

I have been user of lynda.com for years now and i would sat simon allidice do it well. His way of teaching is so good. I would love to see him do Magneto and php training (essential and beyond basic) including OOP. Have u guys asked simon for it if he is up for doing this course?

122. von says:

need magento training, i’m awaiting this for a long time, it will be surely very helpful to me…

123. yup, another vote for Magento. I’ll renew my subscription when you get it! Please let me know once you have it.

124. Saeed Ahmad Rafay says:

MAGENTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

125. Rahul says:

One more vote for MAGENTO.

126. alex says:

+1 for magneto!!! uhmmmm magento… (silly Xmen)

127. Paolo says:

Would also vote for a good magento guide for Designers and Programmers.
    Not a simple beginners guide on how magento interface works , but a jump into the framework with examples and exercises.
    I am just starting to figure out the how and what .With a lynda course it would have surely taken me half the time.

128. Chelsea Adams, managing editor says:

Update: For all you folks looking for a lynda.com Magento course, we officially have Magento in our recording queue for release in 2012. We’ll keep you updated with course details as the release gets closer.

129. James UK says:

It is a real disapointment that you have absolutely nothing on Magento. An increasingly used CMS, having tutorials on this would be a majoy plus for Lynda.com.

130. joe says:

when is magento in 2012 going to be released?

• Chelsea Adams, managing editor says:

Hi Joe!

We’re looking at a Quarter One release for the Magneto course, so keep your eyes peeled for it between now and the beginning of April.

131. samir says:

thank u lynda we wait magento course soon

132. Ahmed says:

hope to see magento training video course in my favorite website lynda.com

133. I have 6 years of experience in SEO and I have worked with several CMS systems, DotNetNuke, Joomla, Drupal, and others. My advice is that if you really need a boost in rankings, the best system to use is WordPress. So I would put all my efforts in learning that system. Also premium themes today are of great quality and sites look really professional.

134. pb_ says:

Hey if you need an external quality check of the Magento training, I’d be glad to do it! :) Hurry please – Lynda makes the best CBT training and I need to learn Magento! Thank you!

135. Julian says:

Still waiting for magento training. Been literally waiting years now. Fair enough your excuse a year ago was you couldn’t find the right author… but now you’ve had yet another year and still nothing. :( i want to see as many tutorials for magento as there are for joomla… including things in the series as how to design magento css templates etc. The only training I’ve found so far is not in english, it’s in german and from video2brain

136. pete says:

Really looking for to see Magento training. Sorry for being annoying, would the training be more likely available this month or the next?

• Chelsea Adams, Managing Editor says:

Hi Pete!

We’re looking at a Quarter One release for the Magneto course, so keep your eyes peeled for it around the beginning of April.

• Cleve says:

Are you talking about this year? or 2013? Thanks.

• Chelsea Adams, Managing Editor says:

Hi Cleve,

The Magneto course was on the schedule to be released in Quarter One of 2012, which, per my note above, would have made it available no later than April of this year. Unfortunately, we have encountered some unforeseen circumstances that have delayed the course production. The content managers do hear all of the demand being expressed in these comments and we are actively working to get the fulfillment of this course realized as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

• Cleve says:

Thank you Chelsea, I appreciate the response. I know a robust subject like Magento probably takes time to put a training course together. I have admired and used Lynda.com Training materials since you could only get them in DVDs from trade shows. I speak for a lot of people here when I say that the only reason we are so anxious about Lynda’s training is because we believe it will be the best training out-there. Thank again, cant wait until it is released.

• Chelsea Adams, Managing Editor says:

Thanks for your kind words, Cleve. It’s always great to hear back from members who have been with us since the DVD days. We really do work hard to create the best training, and, again, I really do appreciate your patience.

137. Jeff says:

I am adding my input to say that there are some eager folks over here looking forward to that course seeing the light of day.

Looking forward to the Magento release.

138. Tester911 says:

Magento still in the baker ?

139. pete says:

Really looking for to see Magento training

140. Hugh Caraway says:

I am watching my RSS feed like a hawk looking for those magic words…. Magento Essential Training! I have been waiting two years for this one.

141. elias says:

magento!

142. Cleve says:

Well, so much for beginning of April. :(
    Too bad Lynda is more concerned with software that hasn’t been released yet like Photoshop CS6.

143. Boe says:

I ask some people. They very very need to training for CMS Mangento. I hove this course coming soon. I am waitting.

144. Chris Owen says:

This will do wonders for Lynda as Magento is notoriously difficult yet widely used whereas WordPress is do-able without help (although appreciated of course).

145. Benjamin says:

I have been using Lynda.com for some years now. I really love Tom Geller on drupal training.
    I have always been looking out for a training on magento. When will I be seeing it

146. Hugh Caraway says:

I got the Lynda.com newsletter today and anxiously scanned the “coming soon” section. I saw lots of good web development and design courses but still no Magento. I hope this one sees the light of day as I know that production started some time ago but halted.

147. Kofi says:

Magento would be really really great to add to your CMS courses !! Been waiting for it for a while now !

148. Fawad says:

Looking forward for Magento training by lynda.com

Please add mangento training as soon as possible.

149. Chelsea Adams, managing editor says:

Hi, community!

I wanted to let you all know that we just added “Create Your First Online Store with Magento Go” to the lynda.com library. You can check it out here: http://bit.ly/RNuqSh

150. Salvatore says:

ok thats great…but what about developing magento, learning to edit templates, add modules etc???

151. John Martin says:

Magento Theme Designing ! Can’t wait for this. I am sure Lynda team must be working on it.

152. Mark says:

Magento Go is ok, but I think what everybody is really waiting for is how to build their own Magento themes. I think most of the people who have responded to this thread are all web designers and junior front-end developers who wanna build their own eccommerce stores from the ground up.

153. Magneto Essential Training, as well as themeing, is something that I believe that Lynda could benefit from having.

154. Tester911 says:

That’s sad, still not Magento.
    Magento Go, it’s not Magento …